Thursday, May 29, 2014

Montreal
  • Latitude and Longitude: 47°14’N, 84°39’W
  • Population: 1,649,519 (2011)  
  • Population Density: 898 km2
  • Landform Region: Great Lakes-St. Lawrence Lowlands
  • Climate Region: Southeastern
  • Types of industries: Primary (tobacco), Secondary (aerospace, textile and apparel manufacturing, software engineering, engineering) Tertiary (pharmaceuticals, transportation, finance)
  • Tourist Attractions: Montreal Botanical Garden, Old Port of Montreal, Mount Royal, Montreal Biosphere
  • National Parks: La Mauricie National Park, Georgian Bay Islands and St. Lawrence Islands National Park
  • Immigration Population: 740,355 (2006)
  • Diversity: A Capella Fest, Festival Divers/Cite


I was so relieved to get to Montreal in one piece because the whole way to Montreal I had to drive next to Betty White and it turns out she forgot her contact lenses at home. This time instead of going right out and doing the first activity I had planned, I decided to use the great invention called room service. When I was done with my order, I think they had to restock the fridge. After I was done eating I had to hurry up so I could get to the Bell Center on time. My friend Adam Sandler gave me rinkside tickets to see the Montreal Canadiens face the San Jose Shark. It was amazing game where P.K Subban scored a hat trick and Carey Price made forty two saves. After the game I was even given Carey Prices autographed stick. It was only around two thirty after the game so I took in some art at the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts.It was amazing to see Edwin Holgates piece called Nude by a Lake. That was all of the sightseeing I could do for one day so I returned back to my cozy hotel room and dreamt about the exciting things that I had planned for tomorrow.

The next day I met up with my longtime friend Stephen Harper to grab a cup of coffee, but everywhere we looked was full. This is when stephen made a few calls and suddenly a helicopter showed up. The helicopter flew us all the way to the top of Mount Royal where a table and two steaming cups of coffee were sitting for us. We talked over our coffee for about twenty minutes and then we both went our separate ways. After that I contemplated going into Montreal's national park,but decided not to. Instead I went to the Old Port of Montreal and went for a leisurely cruise with Kevin Durant. We talked basketball and I am pretty sure that I convinced Kevin for asking a trade to play with the Toronto Raptors. Anyways, after the four hour cruise I went back to the hotel and went to their four star restaurant. I had their filet medallions and they were divine. If it weren't for my tight schedule I definitely would have gone back. After my wonderful but lonely lunch, I called it a night and prepared for my travels to Winnipeg the next day.




y.

A great shot at the Montreal game.

What beautiful architecture outside of the museum of fine arts.

This is a picture I took while having coffee with Stephen Harper

No comments:

Post a Comment